The Alaska Association of Harbormasters and Port Administrators (AAHPA) is a not for profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Alaska. Membership is open to ports, harbors, marinas and related maritime interests.
The objectives of the association are to:
* Exchange information relative to construction, maintenance, operation, regulation, enforcement, administration and management of boats, marinas, ports and harbors.
* Formulate policies and plans to standardize and establish uniformity in operation and management of port, harbor and marina facilities.
* Promote and encourage development of ports, harbors and marinas along sound and economic lines and to assist whenever and wherever possible in the development of new ports, harbors and marinas.
* Keep all members informed, by newsletter, bulletins or the internet, of new developments or improvements in facilities of member ports, harbors and marinas.
* Keep in mind at all times that our basic purpose is to serve marine oriented interests, both commercial and noncommercial, and to keep each other informed through the Secretary of the Association of all information pertinent to this end.
AAHPA encourages you to participate in accomplishing these objectives. Submit photographs of your harbor or port, suggest a related link, post a policy or procedure to the website and consider membership in our Association.